Pridwin Parents' Association
The Pridwin Parents’ Association (PPA) is run by an executive committee consisting of a chairperson, vice-chairperson, treasurer and a board representative. The balance of the committee is formed by class representatives from each grade. While the class representatives enhance communication between the PPA and the parent body, PPA meetings are open to all parents of the school.
The two most important functions of the PPA are to:
- Develop and maintain the Pridwin community spirit at the school. The PPA organises various events throughout the year where parents, staff and the boys can have fun together, and where relationships can be built
- Raise funds for the school that can be used for those “nice-to-have” extras that the school cannot afford out of its regular budget. All fundraising in the school falls under the auspices of the PPA
In addition to the main fundraising events that are held once a term, there are a number of other avenues through which the PPA gathers funds for the school:
- The Grade 0 parents sell boerewors/prego rolls in the car park every Wednesday lunchtime
- Our tuck shop opens at certain sports events
- The PPA sells seedlings at various times of the year
- The school shop contributes a significant portion of funds through the sale of new and second-hand uniforms, towels, hats, bags and other school items
- MySchool cards also make a much-appreciated contribution towards fundraising
Another important function of the PPA is our charity drive. We assist as much as we can to make a significant contribution towards St Vincent’s School for the Deaf, with which Pridwin shares a campus. The PPA collects and donates sporting equipment and clothing to St Vincent’s, and we assist with food collection towards the St Vincent’s feeding scheme.
Joining the PPA enables each parent to become actively involved in the school, and to understand and appreciate the school more. Pridwin has a unique sense of community spirit, and the PPA strives to keep and enhance this wonderful school attribute.